Showing Collections: 331 - 343 of 343
The collection contains assorted Whitman manuscripts, portraits, and various printed material, collected by William E. Barton. The collection also contains Barton's research notes, transcriptions, and correspondence.
The William Earl Dodge Ward (AC 1906) Family Papers document the personal and professional lives of multiple generations of Ward and Bliss family members, dating from 1791 to 1977. Family correspondence makes up the largest portion of the material, supplemented with work records, diaries, memorabilia, photographs, writings, genealogical materials, and newspaper clippings.
School principal and superintendent, businessman. Papers consist of essays written for classics and English literature courses at Amherst College, 1907-1909, and Amherst College debate teams. Three articles that may have been written later in Hartin's life are included in the final folder.
The William H. Clamurro (AC 1967) Papers contain wartime letters from Clamurro to his parents and to Amherst College classmate Jack D. Hailey; poetry written while in Vietnam; letters from poet Archibald MacLeish to Clamurro, and other documentation about Clamurro's time in Vietnam and the writing he did during his service.
444 photochrom images of American landmarks, both natural and man-made, dating from 1898 to 1908. Scenes of Mexico and Cuba are depicted as well. The majority of the photographs were taken by William Henry Jackson, with the rest being taken by other photographers working for the company.
Professor of Music at Amherst. Letters, postcards, photographs, drawings, sheet music, certificates, receipts, passports, manuscripts, music programs, and other materials documenting the professional and personal life of Professor Bigelow and his wife Jane Ball Bigelow.
Correspondence, military records and other research materials compiled by William Throckmorton for the preparation of his books documenting the military activities of Amherst College alumni during World War II. Includes various manuscript and typescript drafts.
Mead was an architect. Includes personal, professional, and family correspondence, financial records, articles and printed matter, photographs, music scores and general memorabilia. Includes information about the Meads' relationship with Amherst College, including their bequest for the construction of the Mead Art Museum.
The William Seymour Tyler (AC 1830) Papers contains personal and professional papers of Tyler, correspondence of the Tyler Family, as well as manuscript essays by his brother Wellington H. Tyler.
- Amherst College -- Alumni and alumnae 89
- Amherst College -- Students 56
- Amherst College -- Faculty 34
- Correspondence 24
- Lecture notes 21
- Photographs 14
- Amherst College -- History 12
- Diaries 12
- Amherst College -- Administration 11
- Amherst College -- Presidents 11
- Sermons 10
- World War, 1914-1918 10
- Scrapbooks 9
- American poetry 8
- Poets, American 8
- Theater 8
- Poetry 7
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 7
- Women missionaries 7
- World War, 1939-1945 7 ∧ less
- English 341
- French 6
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 5
- Japanese 5
- Amherst College 28
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 7
- Meiklejohn, Alexander, 1872-1964 7
- Amherst College. Library 6
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1828-1911 (AC 1849) 6
- Wilbur, Richard, 1921-2017 (AC 1942) 6
- Hagstrom, Jack W. C., MD, 1933-2019 (AC 1955) 5
- King, Stanley, 1883-1951 (AC 1903) 5
- Mckeon, Newton Felch, 1904-1990 (AC 1926) 5
- Merrill, James, 1926-1995 (AC 1947) 5
- Plimpton, Calvin Hastings, 1918-2007 (AC 1939) 5
- Plimpton, George A. (George Arthur), 1855-1936 (AC 1876) 5
- Seelye, Julius H. (Julius Hawley), 1824-1895 (AC 1849) 5
- Baird, Theodore, 1901- 4
- Cole, Charles Woolsey, 1906-1978 (AC 1927) 4
- Dōshisha Daigaku 4
- Hayford, James (AC 1935) 4
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864 4
- Humphrey, Heman, 1779-1861 4
- Morrow, Dwight W. (Dwight Whitney), 1873-1931 (AC 1895) 4 ∧ less