Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract A collection of Humphrey's sermons in holograph and one bound volume of sermons published as pamphlets between 1813 and 1861. The collection includes his printed sermons on temperance, slavery and Native American rights.
Abstract Correspondence and literary manuscripts - mostly orations, disputations and essays - written by Amherst College alumni. The collection includes materials of such individuals as Henry Ward Beecher, John Quincy Adams, William Austin Dickinson, and Edward Hitchcock.
Abstract Educator, minister and missionary to Persia beginning in the 1830s. Collection includes: correspondence with others in his field; manuscript sermons; lectures and notes; newspaper clippings and pamphlets, and seven volumes of bound manuscripts - mostly letters and journals.
Dates: circa 1830-1869
Abstract The collection includes correspondence, certificates and licenses, lectures, sermons, and other writings by Hickok. Sermons make up the bulk of the collection. Much of the correspondence in the collection concerns Hickok's career at Union College, from his appointment as Vice President to his resignation in 1866. The collection also contains some correspondence between Hickok and his family, including his wife, Elizabeth Taylor Hickok.
Dates: 1822-1875; Majority of material found within 1830-1845
Abstract Congregational minister. Papers consist mainly of handwritten sermons, but also include a journal and other miscellaneous writings.
Dates: 1906-circa 1960
Identifier: RG 003-001
Abstract This collection, part of the President’s Office Records, contains the correspondence, addresses, and sermons of Zephaniah Swift Moore while he served as Amherst College’s first president.
Abstract Congregational minister, former Amherst College trustee. Papers consist of sermons, accounts, legal papers, and a leather folder.
Abstract Family correspondence and sermons documenting the family and career of William James as a Presbyterian minister in New York State.
Abstract Congregational preacher. Collection consists mainly of sermons, but also includes addresses and talks delivered on various occasions.
Abstract This collection contains a small body of correspondence, biographical material and other general material related to William A. Stearns and his family. The bulk of the collection consists of Stearns's sermons in manuscript form. The correspondence is mostly personal letters to and from members of Stearns's family, but there are some letters from Stearns to others, a group of anti-slavery letters and documents, and some religious documents pertaining to Stearns's ministry.
Abstract The William Seymour Tyler (AC 1830) Papers contains personal and professional papers of Tyler, correspondence of the Tyler Family, as well as manuscript essays by his brother Wellington H. Tyler.
- Subject: Sermons X
- Sermons 10
- Congregational churches -- Clergy 5
- Amherst College -- Alumni and alumnae 4
- Congregational churches -- Sermons 3
- Lecture notes 2
- Slavery 2
- Amherst College -- Administration 1
- Amherst College -- Faculty 1
- Amherst College -- Presidents 1
- Antislavery movements -- Massachusetts 1
- Baccalaureate addresses 1
- Camp Jackson (Mo.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Funeral sermons 1
- Greek literature -- Study and teaching 1
- Indians, Treatment of 1
- Missions -- Iran 1
- Missions to Church of the East members 1
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy 1 ∧ less
- Tyler, W. S. (William Seymour), 1810-1897 (AC 1830) 2
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions 1
- Billings, Osmond Jesse, 1878-1978 (AC 1900) 1
- Blackmer, Walter R. (Walter Raymond), 1875-1965 (AC 1897) 1
- Bliss, Edwin Elisha, 1817-1892 (AC 1837) 1
- Brick Presbyterian Church (Rochester, N.Y.) 1
- Dwight, H. G. O. (Harrison Gray Otis), 1803-1862 1
- Emerson, Anna H. (Seelye), 1866-1901 1
- Fiske, Fidelia, 1816-1864 1
- Goodell, William, 1792-1878 1
- Hamlin, Cyrus, 1811-1900 1
- Hickok, Elizabeth Taylor 1
- Hickok, Laurens P. (Laurens Perseus), 1798-1888 1
- Humphrey, Heman, 1779-1861 1
- James family 1
- James, Henry, 1811-1882 1
- James, Marcia Lucretia Ames 1
- James, William, 1797-1868 1
- James, William, 1842-1910 1
- Kellogg, Loyal Case, 1816-1871 (AC 1834) 1 ∧ less