Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Jack W. C. Hagstrom (AC 1955) Correspondence with or about Donald Hall, Marianne Moore, Dave Smith and Richard Wilbur
Abstract Chiefly Jack Hagstrom's correspondence with poets Hall, Moore, Smith and Wilbur, as well as with numerous publishers, scholars, librarians and book dealers, mainly concerning his collection of these writers' works. Also included are critical and bibliographical reviews, invoices, etc.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Papers documenting the life of poet Richard Aldridge and his wife, children's author Josephine Haskell Aldridge. Material in the collection includes draft and unpublished writings by Richard Aldridge from childhood on; publication-related materials; a large amount of correspondence from family members and other writers; documentation from the various schools that Richard Aldridge attended, including photographs and memorabilia from Amherst College; and photographs, primarily of Richard...
Dates: 1898 - 2002; Majority of material found within 1930 - 1994
Abstract Worksheets, notes, typescripts, and galley proofs for published poems (sometimes together with associated correspondence), poetry translations and prose pieces by Richard Wilbur.
Dates: circa 1945-2005
Abstract Papers documenting the literary, scholarly, and personal activities of poet and translator Robert Bagg. Correspondence between Bagg and contemporaries, including poets Richard Wilbur and James I. Merrill, make up a large portion of the material. Also included are drafts of poetry and other writings, Bagg's undergraduate and graduate student work, and teaching and administrative materials from Bagg's time as a professor of English. The Bagg Papers also include sub-collections of material...
Abstract The Theodore and Frances Titchener Baird Papers document the personal and professional lives of Theodore Baird and Frances Titchener Baird, Theodore Baird's wife. Theodore Baird served as an Amherst College English professor from 1927-1969, and much of the collection consists of incoming and outgoing correspondence between Baird, and his Amherst College affiliates. Also included is a small amount of papers from Frances Titchener Baird. A significant portion of the collection was added after the...
Dates: 1901 - 1996; Majority of material found within 1930 - 1996
Abstract Correspondence, poetry, and other materials owned by Thomas Wilcox (AC 1942). Much of the correspondence is from Richard Wilbur (AC 1942) and his wife Charlotte "Charlee" Wilbur, and most of the letters date from the World War II era. Also included are poems by Richard Wilbur and photos of the Wilbur family. Other correspondence in the collection is from Wilcox family members and Amherst College notables including Armour Craig and Theodore Baird.
Dates: 1942-1988; undated
- Names: Wilbur, Richard, 1921-2017 (AC 1942) X
- Amherst College -- Alumni and alumnae 4
- American poetry 2
- Correspondence 2
- Poets, American 2
- Amherst College -- Faculty 1
- Amherst College -- Students 1
- Camps 1
- Children's drawings 1
- Children's writings, American 1
- Communication in families -- United States 1
- English literature -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Photographs 1
- Poetry 1
- Translating and interpreting 1
- Usonian houses 1 ∧ less
- Baird, Theodore, 1901- 2
- Aldridge, Abigail 1
- Aldridge, Josephine Haskell 1
- Aldridge, Richard, 1930- (AC 1952) 1
- Atherton, John W. (AC 1939) 1
- Bacon, Kenneth Hogate, 1944-2009 (AC 1966) 1
- Bagg, Robert (AC 1957) 1
- Baird, Emma Lane 1
- Baird, Frances Titchener, 1900-1996 1
- Barnes, Kate, 1932- 1
- Burroway, Janet 1
- Butler, John F. (AC 1949) 1
- Clausen, Wendell, 1923-2006 1
- Coatsworth, Elizabeth, 1893-1986 1
- Cole, Charles Woolsey, 1906-1978 (AC 1927) 1
- Craig, G. Armour (George Armour) 1
- Hagstrom, Jack W. C., MD, 1933-2019 (AC 1955) 1
- Hall, Donald, 1928-2018 1
- Hayford, James (AC 1935) 1 ∧ less