Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Philosopher and former president of Amherst College. Papers contain correspondence with other educators and records created during his presidency.
Dates: 1894-1924; Majority of material found within 1912-1923
Abstract Materials generated by the Board of Trustees of Amherst College relative to the presidency (1912-1924) and resignation of Alexander Meiklejohn.
Abstract A collection of 4591 published plays, largely from nineteenth and early twentieth century American and British popular theater.
Dates: 1605-1950; Majority of material found within 1845-1942
Abstract Original and reproduction maps, portraits, drawings, autograph letters, broadsides, newspaper clippings, muster rolls, receipts and a variety of other documents documenting the history of the French and Indian War. The collection particularly focusses on British forces and the campaigns directed by General Jeffery Amherst, Commander-in-Chief of the troops in North America (1758-1763), which culminated with the capture of French Canada in 1763.
Dates: 1670-1934 ; Majority of material found within 1730-1815
George A. Plimpton (AC 1876) Materials related to the Dedication of the Amherst Building at Doshisha University
Abstract Speeches, photographs, news clippings, correspondence, and other materials related to the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the founding of Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan, which George A. Plimpton attended as a representative of Amherst College in October 1935. The celebration included the presentation and dedication of the Amherst Building to Doshisha from friends of Amherst College.
Dates: 1935 - 1936
- Names: Plimpton, George A. (George Arthur), 1855-1936 (AC 1876) X
- Amherst College -- Administration 1
- Amherst College -- Curricula 1
- Amherst College -- Presidents 1
- Broadsides 1
- Drama 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Educational innovations -- United States 1
- Educators -- United States 1
- Freedom of Speech 1
- Great Britain -- History, Military 1
- Social Ethics 1
- Theater 1
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- Meiklejohn, Alexander, 1872-1964 2
- Agard, Walter R. (Walter Raymond), 1894-1978 (AC 1915) 1
- Allis, Frederick S., Jr. (Frederick Scouller), 1913-1993 (AC 1935) 1
- Amherst College. Board of Trustees 1
- Amherst, Jeffery Amherst, Baron, 1717-1797 1