Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Correspondence, ephemera, photographs, printed matter and media documenting the long-standing connection between Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan and Amherst College.
George A. Plimpton (AC 1876) Materials related to the Dedication of the Amherst Building at Doshisha University
Abstract Speeches, photographs, news clippings, correspondence, and other materials related to the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the founding of Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan, which George A. Plimpton attended as a representative of Amherst College in October 1935. The celebration included the presentation and dedication of the Amherst Building to Doshisha from friends of Amherst College.
Dates: 1935 - 1936
Abstract The material in the Joseph Hardy Neesima Collection consists mostly of secondary source material created about Neesima in the twentieth century.
Abstract Hashimoto was a Doshisha Fellow for one year after graduation from Amherst College. The collection includes teaching records, printed matter, photographs, and other materials documenting her year as a teacher of English and peer mentor, as well as information on Amherst House at Doshisha University and various university activities.
- Names: Dōshisha Daigaku X
- Amherst College -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Japanese 2
- Hashimoto, Marika Joyce (AC 2006) 1
- Niijima, Jō, 1843-1890 (AC 1870) 1
- Plimpton, George A. (George Arthur), 1855-1936 (AC 1876) 1
- Seelye, Elizabeth Tillman James, 1833-1881 1
- Seelye, Julius H. (Julius Hawley), 1824-1895 (AC 1849) 1
- Takahira, Kogoro, Baron, 1854-1926 1 ∧ less