Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The Class of 1902 Papers consist of reunion pictures and publications, correspondence, articles written by members of the class, and a scrapbook.
Headmaster of Deerfield Academy (Deerfield, Mass.), 1902-1969. Collection consists of Boyden's correspondence concerning Amherst College, his Class of 1902, his fraternity, Class reunions and other general correspondence.
George D. Pratt was an industrialist, conservationist, and trustee and benefactor of Amherst College. These papers consist chiefly of incoming correspondence, mostly during his undergraduate years and after, as well as a photograph album of family travels and vacations, a diary from 1886 and a small amount of other material.
The John Thompson Papers cover Thompson's personal and academic life during the years he was a student at Amherst College (1953-1957). The 0.5 linear feet of papers include letters and postcards sent from Thompson to his parents, Thompson’s course materials for English 1-2, and a personal memoir.
Educator, minister and missionary to Persia beginning in the 1830s. Collection includes: correspondence with others in his field; manuscript sermons; lectures and notes; newspaper clippings and pamphlets, and seven volumes of bound manuscripts - mostly letters and journals.
Two boxes of materials including correspondence, maps and illustrations, photographs, and ephemera. The collection largely pertains to Baker's time serving in WWI, although his high school and college years are also documented.
The bulk of the Papers consists of play scripts and dramatic treatments written by Gibney for stage and television, 1925-1980; personal and professional correspondence, 1920-1962; the manuscript of an unpublished novel, Flatbush Man, ca. 1979-1985; and various papers related to his undergraduate years at Amherst College and his receipt of an honorary degree in 1939.
Sidney Brooks of Harwich, Mass. attended Phillips Academy in Andover before attending Amherst College from 1837 to 1841. His papers include thirty-five letters, a ledger of his expenses, and writings from his school days.
- Correspondence 10
- Amherst College -- Students 6
- American poetry 1
- Camps 1
- Children's drawings 1
- Children's writings, American 1
- Class reunions 1
- College prose, American 1
- College students -- United States -- Finance, Personal 1
- Communication in families -- United States 1
- Dramatists, American 1
- English language -- Rhetoric -- Study and teaching (higher) 1
- English literature -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Examinations 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Missions -- Iran 1
- Missions to Church of the East members 1
- Photographs 1
- Poetry 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Aldridge, Abigail 1
- Aldridge, Josephine Haskell 1
- Aldridge, Richard, 1930- (AC 1952) 1
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions 1
- Amherst College. Class of 1902 1
- Baker, Leslie S., 1895-1972 (AC 1921) 1
- Barnes, Kate, 1932- 1
- Bliss, Edwin Elisha, 1817-1892 (AC 1837) 1
- Boyden, Frank L. (Frank Learoyd), 1879-1972 (AC 1902) 1
- Brooks, Henry Cobb, 1824-1886 1
- Brooks, Obed, 1781-1856 1
- Brooks, Obed, Jr., 1809-1882 1
- Brooks, Sarah Godfrey, 1827-1902 1
- Brooks, Sidney, 1813-1887 (AC 1841) 1
- Brooks, Susan, 1814-1886 1
- Brooks, Tamesin, 1821-1891 1
- Burroway, Janet 1
- Coatsworth, Elizabeth, 1893-1986 1
- Critchfield, James H., 1917- 1
- Dwight, H. G. O. (Harrison Gray Otis), 1803-1862 1 ∧ less