Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Reports by the Office of Admission at Amherst College for the use of secondary schools. The reports present statistics on the incoming freshman class and information for secondary school principals and guidance councilors.
Abstract Records documenting the activities of the Amherst College Department of Hygiene and Physical Education from 1861 to 1933. A significant subset of the collection is material on anthropometry (the study of bodies using detailed measurements) at Amherst College. The collection covers the period from the establishment of the department in 1861 to 1933, when the department was renamed Physical Education Department and underwent a slow, concurrent change to a more modern philosophy of physical...
Dates: 1859-1965; Majority of material found within 1861-1933
Abstract The Library Records document the development of the Amherst College Library. Despite the time span (1833-1977), the records provide incomplete information about the administration of the Library. The records best document the library holdings (1833-1938), and particular functions, such as classification. The Records include correspondence, accession logs, annual reports, in-house manuals and procedures statements, some financial records, printed catalogs, and shelf lists. The administrative...
Dates: 1833-1977; Majority of material found within 1876-1933
- Subject: Annual reports X
- Anthropometry 1
- Physical education and training 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Admission 1
- Amherst College. Department of Hygiene and Physical Education 1
- Amherst College. Library 1
- Amherst College. Office of Admission 1
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1828-1911 (AC 1849) 1
- Lumley, Albert Ernest, 1902-1981 1