Friends of the Amherst College Library Records
Scope and Contents
The Friends of the Amherst College Library Records, totaling 3.5 linear feet, document the formation, history, and activities of the group. Correspondence regarding the formation of a Friends group during the McKeon Administration (1938-1970) is sizeable. There is considerably less correspondence from the Laugher administration (1970-1975), and none from the Bridegam administration (1975 to date). The Bridegam administration is represented in files such as the minutes of meetings, financial and membership records, the Newsletter of the Friends of the Amherst College Library, other Friends' publications, and information regarding many events and activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library to date.
- Amherst College. Library. Friends (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
In general there is no restriction on access to these records.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the records should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections.
3.5 Linear feet (4 archives boxes)
Language of Materials
Correspondence regarding the formation of the group, minutes of meetings, financial and membership records, newsletters, other publications, and information regarding activities sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
This collection is organized into eleven series:
- Series 1: Constitution and Bylaws
- Series 2: Correspondence
- Series 3: Financial Records
- Series 4: Meetings
- Series 5: Membership
- Series 6: Photographs
- Series 7: Publications (except Newsletter)
- Series 8: Publications - Newsletter
- Series 9: Sponsored Events
- Series 10: Other Activities
- Series 11: Miscellaneous
- Floyd S. Merritt, Daria D'Arienzo, Carol Trabulsi, Janet Poirrier, Marian Walker.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.