Amherst College Alumni Office Historical Records
Scope and Contents
Minutes, reports, correspondence, programs, scrapbooks and other materials documenting official activities of Amherst College alumni, including Alumni Council meetings, dinners and conferences and the activities of regional alumni associations. The collection also includes alumni fundraising and class agent records; obituary records from the mid-19th century, and scrapbooks documenting various Alumni Council and Alumni Fund activities.
- Creation: 1848-1955
- Amherst College. Alumni and Parent Programs (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the records for research use. Particularly fragile items may be restricted for preservation purposes. This collection is housed in off-site storage and requires advance notice before use. Please contact Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the records should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
4 Linear feet (4 records storage boxes)
Language of Materials
Minutes, reports, correspondence, programs, scrapbooks and other materials documenting official activities of Amherst College alumni, including Alumni Council meetings, dinners and conferences and the activities of regional alumni associations.
This collection is organized into nine series:
- Series 1: Alumni Council Meetings, 1915-1945
- Series 2: Alumni Council Dinners, 1890-1940
- Series 3: Alumni Residents Log, 1870s-1880s
- Series 4: Alumni Conferences, 1919
- Series 5: Alumni Fund, 1928-1934
- Series 6: Alumni Associations, 1864-1931
- Series 7: Obituary Records, 1848-1862
- Series 8: Class Agent Material, 1898-circa 1955
- Series 9: Scrapbooks, 1913-1954
- Daria D'Arienzo, Jean Zilewicz, Peter Nelson.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.