Amherst College Administrative Publications Collection
Scope and Contents
This is an artificial collection composed of publications created by various administrative units of Amherst College intended for a wide college audience. It also includes administrative publications created by and for the Five Colleges. This collection contains documentation of the students, faculty, courses, and day-to-day events of Amherst College.
- Amherst College (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the collection for research use. Particularly fragile items may be restricted for preservation purposes.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the collection should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
23 Linear feet (20 record boxes, 2 archives boxes, 3 flat boxes)
Language of Materials
Publications produced by the Amherst College administration for a broad campus audience and administrative publications for a five college audience. The collection includes: course catalogs; student, faculty and alumni directories; handbooks; facebooks; calendars; annual reports; and news and outreach publications.
The collection is organized into nine series by publication type. Within each series, the publications are arranged chronologically by title.
- Series 1: Course Catalogs and Listings, 1822-2016
- Series 2: Campus Directories, 1896-2016
- Series 3: Alumni Directories, 1828-1999
- Series 4: Facebooks/Student and Faculty Directories, 1933-2014
- Series 5: Handbooks/Regulations, 1825-2015
- Series 6: Reports, 1875-2016
- Series 7: Campus Events and Announcements, 1925-2015
- Series 8: Outreach and Memorabilia, 1921-2010
- Series 9: Five College Publications, 1970-2013
20 record storage boxes, 2 archives boxes, 3 flat boxes (22 linear feet)
- Universities and colleges -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mariah Leavitt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Amherst College Archives and Special Collections Repository
Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
Robert Frost Library
61 Quadrangle Drive
Amherst MA 01002-5000