Ingham C. Baker Papers
Scope and Contents
The Ingham C. Baker (Non-grad AC 1919) (1895-1985) Collection is exclusively concerned with his involvement in World War I as an ambulance driver in France for the American Field Service and the United States Army Corps from 1916 to 1919. The majority of the material consists of letters by ICB to his family, particularly his parents, Asa George Baker (AC 1888) and Lucy C. Baker, and his brother Walton C. Baker (AC 1919). Letters to Baker from his parents are also included as well as two letters from Baker's companion Arthur Hazeldine (Non-grad AC 1919). The collection also contains French road maps, French song sheets, and a reproduction of a military citation.
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the Ingham C. Baker Papers for research use. Particularly fragile items are restricted for preservation purposes.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the Papers should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
0.5 Linear feet (1 archives box)
Language of Materials
Correspondence, French road maps, French song sheets, and a military citation covering the time Ingham C. Baker served as an ambulance driver for the American Field Service and U.S. Army Corps from 1916 to 1919. The bulk of the collection consists of letters from ICB to his family, particularly his parents Asa George Baker (AC 1888) and Lucy C. Baker, and his brother Walton C. Baker (AC 1919). It also includes letters to ICB from his parents and two letters from his friend Arthur Hazeldine (Non-grad AC 1919).
This collection is organized into four series:
- Series 1: Correspondence
- Series 2: French Road Maps
- Series 3: French Song Sheets
- Series 4: Military Citations
(0.5 linear feet)
- Finding Aid:
- Revised June 25, 2001
- Prepared by:
- Carol Trabulsi, Senior Archives Associate
Doris Chacon, Student Assistant
- Edited by:
- Tristan Jeffers, Student Assistant
- American Field Service
- Baker, Asa George, 1866-1940 (AC 1888)
- Baker, Ingham C., 1896-1985 (Non-grad AC 1919)
- Baker, Lucy Cynthia
- Baker, Walton C., 1893- (AC 1916)
- Hazeldine, Arthur Edgar, 1896-1935 (AC 1919)
- Maps Subject Source: Library Of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Popular music -- France Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roads -- France -- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carol Trabulsi, Doris Chacon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.