Frank Learoyd Boyden (AC 1902) Papers
Scope and Contents
These papers relate primarily to Boyden's association with Amherst College and his Class of 1902. It includes correspondence concerning his fraternity, Phi Kappa Psi, his Class reunions held at Deerfield, and other general correspondence.
- circa 1910-1970
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the Frank Learoyd Boyden Papers for research use. Particularly fragile items are restricted for preservation purposes.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the Papers should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Learoyd Boyden, educator, was born in 1879 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. After graduating from Amherst College in 1902, he served as headmaster of Deerfield Academy (Deerfield, Massachusetts) from 1902 until 1969. He died in 1972.
5.5 Linear feet (11 archives boxes)
Language of Materials
Headmaster of Deerfield Academy (Deerfield, Mass.), 1902-1969. Collection consists of Boyden's correspondence concerning Amherst College, his Class of 1902, his fraternity, Class reunions and other general correspondence.
This collection is organized into six series:
- Series 1: Class of 1902 - Correspondence to and from F. L. Boyden, circa 1910-1970
- Series 2: Phi Kappa Psi, 1912-1963
- Series 3: Amherst Class of 1902 Reunions Held at Deerfield Academy, 1915- circa 1965
- Series 4: Amherst College - Administrative Correspondence, 1921-1959
- Series 5: Amherst College Individuals - Correspondence, circa 1910-1965
- Series 6: Chronological Correspondence, 1921-1971
- Daria D'Arienzo, Carol Trabulsi, Briana Cahill
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.