Ercole Cartotto Portrait Drawings of Selected Amherst College Alumni, Faculty and Administration
Scope and Contents
19 framed portraits of Amherst College alumni, faculty and staff.
- Creation: circa 1930
- Cartotto, Ercole (Artist, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to this collection for research use. Particularly fragile items may be restricted for preservation purposes.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be directed to the Archives and Special Collections. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
Biographical / Historical
Ercole Cartotto (1889-1946), Italian-born portraitist, is noted chiefly for his portraits of U.S. President Calvin Coolidge in the 1920s. Cartotto studied art at the School of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
1 Linear feet (2 archives boxes)
Language of Materials
19 framed portraits of Amherst College alumni, faculty and staff, by Ercole Cartotto, the Italian-born portraitist.
- Bigelow, William P. (William Pingry), 1867- (AC 1889) (Depicted, Person)
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 (AC 1895) (Depicted, Person)
- Eastman, Clarence Willis, 1873-1952 (Depicted, Person)
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1828-1911 (AC 1849) (Depicted, Person)
- King, Stanley, 1883-1951 (AC 1903) (Depicted, Person)
- Loomis, Frederic Brewster, 1873-1937 (AC 1896) (Depicted, Person)
- Manthey-Zorn, Otto (Depicted, Person)
- Morrow, Dwight W. (Dwight Whitney), 1873-1931 (AC 1895) (Depicted, Person)
- Newlin, William Jesse, 1878-1958 (AC 1899) (Depicted, Person)
- Woodbridge, Frederick James Eugene, 1867-1940 (Depicted, Person)
- Sarang Gopalakrishnan, Peter Nelson.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.