Amherst College Inaugurations Collection
Scope and Contents
Speeches, notes, newsclippings, photographs, invitations, tickets, programs, and guest lists from various Amherst College Inauguration ceremonies dating from 1821 to present.
- Amherst College (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on access to the collection for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests for permission to publish material from the papers should be directed to the Archivist of the College.
3.5 Linear feet (3 records storage boxes, 1 archives box)
Language of Materials
Speeches, notes, newsclippings, photographs, invitations, tickets, programs,, and guest lists from various Amherst College Inauguration ceremonies dating from 1821 to present.
The Inaugurations Collection is arranged by the name of the president and in sequential order by date of the presidential administration.
- Cole, Charles Woolsey, 1906-1978 (AC 1927)
- Gates, Merrill Edwards, 1848-1922
- Gibbs, Julian H. (AC 1946)
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Humphrey, Heman, 1779-1861
- King, Stanley, 1883-1951 (AC 1903)
- Martin, Biddy, 1951-
- Meiklejohn, Alexander, 1872-1964
- Moore, Zephaniah Swift, 1770-1823
- Olds, George Daniel, 1853-1931
- Pease, Arthur Stanley, 1881-1964
- Photographs Subject Source: Library Of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Plimpton, Calvin Hastings, 1918-2007 (AC 1939)
- Pouncey, Peter R.
- Seelye, Julius H. (Julius Hawley), 1824-1895 (AC 1849)
- Stearns, William A. (William Augustus), 1805-1876
- Ward, John William, 1922-1985
- Daria D'Arienzo
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.