James Sullivan Cooper home in Amherst: photographs, circa 1870-1885
Scope and Contents
Multiple photographs of the house on "Faculty Street" (College Street/Rte. 9) formerly belonging to James S. and Abigail G. Cooper and in which Margaret Tuckerman grew up and then lived with her husband briefly until she and her husband purchased their own home next door in 1916 (see information about "Clark House" in Folder 32). Sold to the College by Alice Tuckerman in 1930 and still called Cooper House in 2016.
- circa 1870-1885
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the Tuckerman-Clark Family Papers for research use. Particularly fragile items may be restricted for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 4.0 Linear feet (1 record box, 2 oversize flat boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
- From the Collection: Tuckerman, Frederick Goddard, 1821-1873 (Person)
- From the Collection: Tuckerman, S. Parkman (Samuel Parkman), 1819-1890 (Person)
- From the Collection: Tuckerman, Frederick (Person)
- From the Collection: Clark, Orton Loring, 1887-1965 (Person)
- From the Collection: Clark, Margaret Tuckerman, 1884-1953 (Person)
- From the Collection: Cooper, James Sullivan, 1802-1870 (Person)