Series 4: Kate E. Chambers Seelye, 1897-1973
Scope and Contents
Series 4: Kate Ethel Chambers Seelye, circa 1897-1973 - consists especially of Kate’s incoming and outgoing correspondence from family members, friends, and colleagues. There is also a generous sub-series of miscellaneous materials that includes dietary advice for young Kate; a report she wrote in 1897 about her trip back to Turkey from Montreal, where she had been staying with Chambers relatives; scrapbooks from her school years up to and including college; items related to some of her work experience and travel, and notes for a planned book based on family experiences in the Middle East.
Conditions Governing Access
There is no restriction on access to the Williams-Chambers-Seelye-Franck Family Papers for research use. Particularly fragile items may be restricted for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 18 Linear feet (15 record storage boxes, 2 archives boxes, 1 half-archives box, and 1 oversize flat box)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
- From the Collection: Chambers, Cornelia Williams (Person)
- From the Collection: Chambers, William Nesbitt, 1853-1934 (Person)
- From the Collection: Franck, Dorothea Seelye (Person)
- From the Collection: Franck, Peter G. (Person)
- From the Collection: Seelye, Joan Hazeltine, 1927- (Person)
- From the Collection: Heineman, Muriel Seelye, 1925-2009 (Person)