Skip to main content

Fellowes, Francis, 1803-1888 (AC 1826)

 Person

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Mount Pleasant Classical Institution and Mount Pleasant Institute Collection

 Collection
Identifier: MA.00061
Abstract

The Mount Pleasant Classical Institution opened in 1827 as a school for boys aged 4 through 16. It closed five years later in 1832. A second school on the same site was founded by Rev. John A. Nash in 1846 as The Mount Pleasant Boarding School for Boys; after several name changes, it closed in the early 20th century. Collection consists chiefly of printed catalogues and ephemera; catalogues include complete lists of students and description of curriculum.

Dates: 1828-1903