Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The Amherst College Non-Alumni Biographical Files document individuals associated with the college as faculty, staff, honorary degree recipients, trustees, visiting speakers and artists or in any role other than student. Files contain information about the individual and their relationship to the college and may including newpaper clippings, photographs, curriculum vitae, pamphlets, correspondence and other materials. Some files contain biographical questionaires submitted by the individual...
Scope and Contents Includes financial records, correspondence, news clippings, and general information related to John J. McCloy’s tenure as U.S. High Commissioner for Germany (1949 Jul-1952 Dec). Of particular interest is a set of correspondence between McCloy and Henry A. Byroade, director of the State Department's Office of German and Austrian Affairs in Washington, in which these two long-time associates brief each other in detail on developments in Germany and Washington. In addition, newsclippings and...
Scope and Contents The series is divided into two sub-series:Sub-series A: Correspondence, 1949-1952 - Contains letters received by JJM while he was U.S. High Commissioner for Germany and includes letters that both deal with official HICOG business matters and that reflect JJM's role as a policy-maker and advisor. Correspondence is arranged in alphabetical order by person or subject. JJM's office sometimes filed correspondence alphabetically by the subject of a particular letter. Each person or...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Willard Long Thorp (1899-1992; AC 1920) was a pioneer statistician, economist, domestic and foreign policy advisor, international development expert, and private business consultant. Thorp's papers document the role of a key U.S. government figure during periods marked by political and economic turbulence. As Assistant Secretary of State for Economic Affairs from 1946-1952, he played a critical role in the design and implementation of the Marshall Plan and of the Truman administration's...
Dates: 1857-1994; Majority of material found within 1920-1967
- Archival Object 3
- Collection 1
- Nuremberg Trial of Major German War Criminals, Nuremberg, Germany, 1945-1946 2
- Reconstruction (1939-1951) -- Germany 2
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Germany 2
- Amherst College -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Antitrust law -- United States -- Cases 1
- Bolivia -- Economic conditions -- 1952-1982 1
- Cyprus -- Economic conditions 1
- Cyprus -- History -- 1960- 1
- Economic assistance -- Developing countries 1
- Germany -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Monetary policy -- Congresses 1
- New Deal, 1933-1939 1
- Petroleum industry and trade 1
- Reconstruction (1939-1951) -- Germany (West) 1
- Technical assistance, American -- Developing countries 1
- United States -- Economic policy -- 1933-1945 1
- United States -- Foreign economic relations -- Europe 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1953 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Europe 1 + ∧ less